When you pray, you are in the presence of the God. Imagine you meet God at your door?
When you pray…
- Feel the presence of God.
- Reveal your true sins.
- blessed is he who sees his sins!
- Be filled with the spirit of thankfulness.
- God gives you every day! Health, movement, peace, food, etc.
- Remember the society you live in.
- Family, friends, church, etc.
When praying for others, mentioning their names is important. Pray for yourself last! Be insistent in prayer; insistence means to persist on your demand and keep on persisting. Even the lack of response from God is a response, because there is a time for every purpose under heaven. God’s calculations differ from our humanly calculations.
While you pray…
- Pray with faith inside you. Believe what you say reaches God.
- Pray with concentration. Disturbance weakens prayer.
- Pray with consistency. To learn a sacred habit, practice it 40 days.
- Pray quietly. No noises.
- Ask God for his Kingdom and his righteousness. Your share in heaven is more expensive than anything else in your life.
- Ask God for a change in your heart. “…I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.” (Ez. 36:26)
- Ask God to fulfill his promises. God is truthful in every promise he makes. Hold on to God’s promises!
- Ask God to fill you with cheer and happiness and to rejoice your heart. Ask him to take away satan’s thoughts from your mind.
The world does not give you happiness, but everything from God is true happiness.
– Summarized from a sermon of Pope Tawadros.